Map of Detroit River and adjacent country, from an original drawing by a British engineer.
About this Item
- Map of Detroit River and adjacent country, from an original drawing by a British engineer.
- 26 August 1813.
- Engraved by: H.S. Tanner.
- Detailed map of Detroit River identifying some of the sites and events of the military campaign of 1812.
- Copy 2 in: Melish, John. A military and topographical atlas ..., 1813.
- Copy 3 is photostat from Clements Library copy 1.
- Names and Subjects
- Maps shelf.
- Detroit River (Mich. and Ont.)--Maps.
- Detroit (Mich.)--Maps.
- Essex County (Ont.)--Maps.
- United States--History--War of 1812--Maps.
- Tanner, Henry Schenck,--1786-1858.
- Melish, John,--1771-1822.
- Map Scale
- Scale 1:65,000.
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-08-12 00:04:40
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 3596 x 4754
- File Size
- 835 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Map of Detroit River and adjacent country, from an original drawing by a British engineer.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-751/wcl000864. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 07, 2022.