Middle English Dictionary Entry
|Forms||ample adj. Comp. more ample, empler.|
Definitions (Senses and Subsenses)
- (1437) Proc.Privy C.5.16 : The King wol þat he have as large & ample power as þe Duc of York had.
- (1447) in Mullinger Cambridge 1314 : And of youre more ample grace to graunte that all privileges..may stonde.
- 1447 Bokenham Sts.(Arun 327)7399 : To þe blynd..guyde She was by empler informacyoun.
- (1461) RParl.5.479a : Governaunce of the same Duchie..in as grete, ample, and large forme as Henry..at any tyme therin had..lawfully.
- (1472) RParl.6.20a : Wherfore it woll please youre Highnes, of youre more ample grace to enacte, establish and ordeyn, that [etc.].
- (1472) RParl.6.48a : By the same auctorite, your seid Suppliant and his heires enherit all maner of Possessions..in as ample and large wise, as the same Richard shuld have doon.