To a schoolteacher who is not a beauty.
About this Item
- To a schoolteacher who is not a beauty.
- Woman with an exaggerated overbite sits in profile in front of a blackboard reading a book. Sign on the wall behind her, "The scholars must kiss the teacher 3 times a day."
- Text beneath title: When your pupils merit punishment, Miss Schoolma'am, I'd suggest / That to make them kiss their teacher would be quite the very best / The fear of having to press their lips upon that face would cure / The toughest kids of naughtiness, or laziness, I'm sure.
- Names and Subjects
- Caricatures and cartoons--United States.
- Vinegar valentines.
- Prints shelf.
- Physical Description
- 1 print : lithograph, color ; 24.1 x 17.8 cm.
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2022-03-04 14:40:55
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 5312 x 5978
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"To a schoolteacher who is not a beauty.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-9059/wcl009134. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed November 30, 2022.