Getting ready for the boarders.
About this Item
- Getting ready for the boarders.
- A woman sits at a dining table, using a chisel and axe to cut the food in front of her while a scrawny cat watches from the floor. Sign on the wall in the background reads "We try to please at as little expence as possible."
- Text beneath title: Preparing for the boarders!--Poor victims, what a feast / Will confront them when the sun displays his features in the east; / With what grim determination they will have to face their meal, / And how they will be longing that their jaws were made of steel!
- Names and Subjects
- Caricatures and cartoons--United States.
- Lodging houses--1840-1850.
- Vinegar valentines.
- Prints shelf.
- Physical Description
- 1 print : lithograph, color ; 22.8 x 17.0 cm.
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2022-03-04 15:12:07
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 5024 x 5818
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Getting ready for the boarders.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-9056/wcl009131. William L. Clements Library, University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. January 28, 2023.