Sketch of the fort at Michilimackinac.
About this Item
- Sketch of the fort at Michilimackinac.
- Magra, Perkins.
- Signed below table of references: Perks Magra lt. 15 Regt.overseer.
- Finished, colored, topographical map showing details of the mainland, the fort, and immediately surrounding countryside.
- Table of refernces identifies major features of fort.
- Date derived from correspondence in Gage Papers for summer and fall of 1765.
- Copy 2 is colored proof copy of reproduction produced by Historic Urban Plans from Clements original in 1975 with dimensions of 31 x 46.2 cm.
- Copy 3 is colored reproduction produced by Historic Urban Plans from Clements original in 1975 with dimensions of 31 x 46.2 cm.
- Copy 4 is colored reproduction from: Old Fort Michilimackinac, 1938,bibl with dimensions of 19.9 x 30.2 cm.
- Copy 5 is black and white photograph from Clements original with dimensions of 21.2 x 31.6 cm.
- Copy 6 is photostat from Clements original with dimensions of 19.1 x 28.5 cm.
- Copy 7 is negative photostat from Clements original with dimensions of 21 x 32.1 cm.
- Names and Subjects
- Manuscript maps.
- Maps shelf.
- Gage Maps.
- Brun Guide.
- Fort Michilimackinac (Mackinaw City, Mich.)--Manuscript maps.
- Michigan--Manuscript maps.
- Collection Title
- Thomas Gage papers
- Collection Creator
- Gage, Thomas, 1721-1787
- Physical Description
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 21 x 31.9 cm.
- Map Scale
- Scale ca. 1:720.
- Digitized through a gift from Barry Lawrence Ruderman Antique Maps
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2019-07-18 20:06:54
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 8912 x 5880
- File Size
- 3 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Sketch of the fort at Michilimackinac.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-888/wcl000982. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 05, 2022.