Young boy and girl : Two young women / Baldwin.
About this Item
- Young boy and girl : Two young women / Baldwin.
- Alternate Title
- Two young women
- [approximately 1850 to 1860]
- Two half-length group portraits (possibly showing four siblings) together in one case. At left: young girl standing next to a seated young boy. At right: two seated young women wearing similar dresses and hairstyles. Light hand coloring.
- Image on right-hand side exhibits gilt and silver highlights. Silver achieved by chiseling image plate.
- Mat of right-hand image stamped in bottom right corner: Baldwin.
- Case: front cover detached, leather with geometric pattern and two hook-and-eye locks, scalloped mats.
- Title devised by cataloger.
- Names and Subjects
- David V. Tinder Collection of Michigan Photography.
- Photographs shelf.
- Boys--United States--1850-1860.
- Children--United States--1850-1860.
- Girls--United States--1850-1860.
- Daguerreotypes 1850-1860.
- Group portraits 1850-1860.
- Photograph cases 1850-1860.
- Portrait photographs 1850-1860.
- Physical Description
- 2 photographs : daguerreotypes, partially hand-colored ; plates 82 x 70 mm. (sixth plate format)
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2019-10-21 10:11:48
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 6983 x 7981
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Young boy and girl : Two young women / Baldwin.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-8836/wcl008914. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 25, 2022.