Rough Scetch of the King's Domain at Detroit / D.W. Smith, Actg. Fort Adjutant.
About this Item
- Rough Scetch of the King's Domain at Detroit / D.W. Smith, Actg. Fort Adjutant.
- Alternate Title
- Rough Sketch of the King's Domain at Detroit
- North oriented toward upper right.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- "2 chains per an inch."
- Pencil, ink and wash map shows ground plan of Fort Lernoult and adjacent areas.
- Shows "some graves" outside of the fort near the road, possibly of Donald Campbell and James Dalyell, both d. 1763.
- Several locations labeled with letters; key lacking.
- Map hung in a Montréal tavern in the1930s.
- Names and Subjects
- Manuscript maps.
- Brun Guide.
- Maps shelf.
- Fort Lernoult (Detroit, Mich.)--Manuscript maps.
- Detroit (Mich.)--Manuscript maps.
- Michigan--Manuscript maps.
- Physical Description
- 1 manuscript map : colored ; 54.5 x 101 cm
- Map Scale
- Scale approximately 1:1,584.
- Digitized through a gift from Barry Lawrence Ruderman Antique Maps
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2019-09-06 12:57:14
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 17520 x 9184
- File Size
- 8 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Rough Scetch of the King's Domain at Detroit / D.W. Smith, Actg. Fort Adjutant.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-8700/wcl008771. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed November 27, 2022.