[British troop dispositions in and near New York City, Sept. 2d 1781].
About this Item
- [British troop dispositions in and near New York City, Sept. 2d 1781].
- Finished, colored map of the New York City area controlled by the British showing numbers of troops stationed at each point.
- Very similar to Clinton Map 205 with same title but individual units are not identified.
- Date of map appears to be in General Clinton's hand.
- Names and Subjects
- Manuscript maps.
- Maps shelf.
- Clinton Maps.
- Brun Guide.
- New York Harbor (N.Y. and N.J.)--Manuscript maps.
- Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)--Manuscript maps.
- New York (N.Y.)--Manuscript maps.
- Long Island (N.Y.)--Manuscript maps.
- New York (State)--Manuscript maps.
- New Jersey--Manuscript maps.
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Manuscript maps.
- Clinton, Henry,--Sir,--1738?-1795.
- Physical Description
- 1 ms. map ; 47.2 x 65.7 cm.
- Map Scale
- Scale indeterminate.
- Digitized through a gift from Barry Lawrence Ruderman Antique Maps
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2019-09-06 14:03:01
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 11808 x 7840
- File Size
- 3 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"[British troop dispositions in and near New York City, Sept. 2d 1781].". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-8654/wcl008725. William L. Clements Library, University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. February 04, 2023.