Plan of the position of his majesty's troops at Rhode Island, after the defeat of the rebels the 29th of August 1778.
About this Item
- Plan of the position of his majesty's troops at Rhode Island, after the defeat of the rebels the 29th of August 1778.
- Finished, colored, topographical map of the island of Rhode Island showing the fortifications held by the British and identifying the military units defending them.
- Table of references at lower right provides further information and identifications of the numerical strengths of the garrisons of each position.
- Names and Subjects
- Rhode Island, Battle of, R.I., 1778--Maps, Manuscript.
- Manuscript maps.
- Maps shelf.
- Clinton Maps.
- Brun Guide.
- Newport (R.I.)--Manuscript maps.
- Rhode Island--Manuscript maps.
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Manuscript maps.
- Physical Description
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 47.9 x 29.8 cm.
- Map Scale
- Scale ca. 1:63,360.
- Digitized through a gift from Barry Lawrence Ruderman Antique Maps
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2019-07-18 16:45:14
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 5744 x 7840
- File Size
- 3 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Plan of the position of his majesty's troops at Rhode Island, after the defeat of the rebels the 29th of August 1778.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-8379/wcl008450. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 03, 2022.