Richardville : The Head Chief of the Miami tribe of Indians / Painted at the treaty of Fort Wayne 1827_ by J.O. Lewis.
About this Item
- Richardville : The Head Chief of the Miami tribe of Indians / Painted at the treaty of Fort Wayne 1827_ by J.O. Lewis.
- [between 1835 and 1836]
- Portrait of John Baptiste Richardville wearing European-style clothing and a peace medal.
- Names and Subjects
- Richardville, John Baptiste,--1761?-1841--Portraits.
- Indians of North America--Portraits.
- Indians of North America--Treaties.
- Indians of North America--Clothing.
- Indians of North America--Mixed descent.
- Miami Indians--Portraits.
- Tribal chiefs--Indiana--Fort Wayne--1820-1830.
- Prints shelf.
- Lehman & Duval Lithrs.,--lithographer.
- The aboriginal port-folio: a collection of portraits of the most celebrated chiefs of the North American Indians.
- United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia.
- Physical Description
- 1 print : lithograph, hand-colored ; sheet 43.7 x 28 cm
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2018-11-06 17:15:31
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 7664 x 10550
- File Size
- 3 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Richardville : The Head Chief of the Miami tribe of Indians / Painted at the treaty of Fort Wayne 1827_ by J.O. Lewis.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-6805/wcl006871. William L. Clements Library, University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. February 05, 2023.