Cha-Co-To : A Pottawatomie Chief / Taken at the Treaty of Massinnewa, Indiana by J.O. Lewis 1827.
About this Item
- Cha-Co-To : A Pottawatomie Chief / Taken at the Treaty of Massinnewa, Indiana by J.O. Lewis 1827.
- [between 1835 and 1836]
- Portrait of Cha-Co-To wearing a tan shawl and white undershirt, black face paint and what appears to be an otterskin fur turban adorned with a pipe.
- Names and Subjects
- Indians of North America--Portraits.
- Indians of North America--Treaties.
- Indians of North America--Clothing.
- Potawatomi Indians--Portraits.
- Face painting--1820-1830.
- Pipes (smoking)--Indiana--1820-1830.
- Tribal chiefs--Indiana--1820-1830.
- Prints shelf.
- Lehman & Duval Lithrs.,--lithographer.
- The aboriginal port-folio: a collection of portraits of the most celebrated chiefs of the North American Indians.
- United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia.
- Physical Description
- 1 print : lithograph, hand-colored ; sheet 43.7 x 28 cm
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2018-11-06 12:31:28
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 7632 x 10584
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Cha-Co-To : A Pottawatomie Chief / Taken at the Treaty of Massinnewa, Indiana by J.O. Lewis 1827.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-6766/wcl006832. William L. Clements Library, University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. November 28, 2023.