[The heavy shirt Schlagal plans to cut down to a jacket to aid in the heat]
About this Item
- [The heavy shirt Schlagal plans to cut down to a jacket to aid in the heat]
-  April 6
- Schlagal, Russell G., 1904-1995.
- Russ[ell G. Schlagal] ALS to [Margery Schlagal], April 6, . s.l., page 4. From a collection of letters that Lieutenant Russell G. Schlagal wrote to his wife Margery while serving in the United States Army during World War II. Schlagal discussed his experiences in India and on the island of Tinian, and he often illustrated his letters with ink sketches and watercolor paintings.
- Names and Subjects
- Clothing & dress--India--1940-1950.
- Clothing and dress--India--History--Pictorial works.
- Clothing and dress in art.
- Fashion--India--History--20th century.
- Fashion--India--Pictorial works.
- India--Description and travel.
- Shirts, Men's.
- Manuscripts shelf.
- Collection Title
- Russell G. Schlagal letters
- Collection Creator
- Schlagal, Margery, 1912-1974.
- Project Name
- Illustrated Manuscripts Project
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2018-04-10 15:08:46
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 3952 x 5784
- File Size
- 1022 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Finding Aid
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"[The heavy shirt Schlagal plans to cut down to a jacket to aid in the heat]". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-4802/wcl004889. William L. Clements Library, University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. March 31, 2023.