[half length portrait of unidentified young girl with badminton equipment].
About this Item
- [half length portrait of unidentified young girl with badminton equipment].
- [approximately 1860 to approximately 1920]
- Photo Div C.3 .Children, Unidentified no. 7. Half length portrait of young girl with racket and shuttlecock.
- Photographer: William E. Parker.
- Handwritten on verso, "Tennis."
- Includes 39 individual studio portraits and shapshots, and 10 photographs showing children with other children or adults. Other items pictured include dolls, baby carriages, a rocking horse, and badminton equipment. Also includes one possible post-mortem photograph of a woman and child, and one identified child, Edwin Schantz.
- Photographers include: William Stroud (Norristown, Pa.); William Nims (St. Edward, N.Y.); Oscar O. Wassum (Slatington, Pa.); Eastman & Randall (E. Saginaw, Mich.); J.W. Fessenden (Twinsburg, Ohio); C.R.Rees & Co. (Richmond, Va.); Mrs. John H. Parsons (Ypsilanti, Mich.); Swain (Bordentown, N.J.); Charles H. Van Deusen (Detroit, Mich.); Brainerd F. Childs (Houghton, Mich.); Morris Moses (Thurston, N.J.); J. Taylor (N.Y.); Bartholomew (Lansdale, Pa.); Dunshee (Boston); A.M. Allen (Pottsville, Pa.); Pickard's (Philadelphia); Barhydt's (Rochester, N.Y.); Frank Fritz (Lambertville, N.J.); Alexander Gardner (Washington, D.C.); D. Bachrach (Annapolis, Md.); Smith's Studio (Evanston, Ill.); H. Anderson (Petaluma, Calif.).
- Names and Subjects
- Photographs shelf.
- Frederick P. Currier Collection.
- Baby carriages.
- Hobby horses.
- Dunshee, E. S.,--photographer.
- Gardner, Alexander,--1821-1882,--photographer.
- Bachrach, David,--1845-1921,--photographer.
- Allen, A. M.--(Amos Morrel),--1823-1900,--photographer.
- Photographic prints.
- Albumen prints.
- Portrait photographs.
- Cartes de visite.
- Physical Description
- 49 photographs : tintypes, silver printing-out-paper prints, and photographic prints, some hand-colored, most on mounts ; 12.7 x 7.3 cm or smaller.
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2018-02-27 12:00:34
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 4617 x 2727
- File Size
- 714 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"[half length portrait of unidentified young girl with badminton equipment].". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-4485/wcl004572. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed November 29, 2022.