Peter Stuyvesant rebuking the cobler / lith. by H. R. Robinson, for D.T. Valentine's Manual.
About this Item
- Peter Stuyvesant rebuking the cobler / lith. by H. R. Robinson, for D.T. Valentine's Manual.
- Alternate Title
- Title should read: Peter Stuyvesant rebuking the cobbler
- Director-General Peter Stuyvesant, with wooden prosthetic limb, administers a public reproof to a cobbler who had attempted to meddle in the government affairs of the Dutch colony of New Netherland.
- Disbound from: Manual of the corporation of the city of New York, 1850 (New York, N.Y. Common Council).
- Names and Subjects
- Stuyvesant, Peter,--1592-1672--Portraits.
- Colonial administrators--New York (State)--New York--1600-1700.
- Disgrace--New York (State)--New York--1600-1670.
- Artificial limbs--New York (State)--New York--1600-1670.
- Miscellaneous prints.
- Prints shelf.
- New York (State)--History.
- Valentine, D. T.--(David Thomas),--1801-1869.
- New York (N.Y.).--Common Council.
- Manual of the corporation of the city of New York.
- United States--New York--New York.
- Physical Description
- 1 print : lithograph, tinted ; image 11.6 x 8 cm, on sheet 18.4 x 11 cm
- William L. Clements Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-11-18 11:16:13
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
- Image Size
- 2763 x 3402
- File Size
- 546 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the William L. Clements Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library IT.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Peter Stuyvesant rebuking the cobler / lith. by H. R. Robinson, for D.T. Valentine's Manual.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/wcl1ic/x-1085/wcl001179. William L. Clements Library, University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. January 27, 2023.