- 29' 4"
- 11' 8"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 577 77/95
- Final Location
- 3/4 ESE of "Dummy", Point Pelee, ONT,
- Lake Erie.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Boiler exploded.
- Final Notes
- Bound Detroit, MI to Buffalo, NY; 2 lost; surviors rescued by schooners FOX & LOOKOUT; schooner ZODIAC PRATT & scow OTTOCA wrecked due to this wreck.
History and Notes
- 1854, Oct New arches installed by Bidwell & Banta; replaced due to storm stress; ran Buffalo - Huron - Sandusky - Toledo Line.
- 1855, May Operated People's Line.
- 1855, Oct 12 Collided with brig GREYHOUND off Fox Island, Lake Miichigan.
- 1856, Dec Broke machinery in Lake Erie gale; repaired at Buffalo, NY.
- 1857 Operated by Western Transportation Co.
- 1860 Ran Buffalo - Cleveland - Chicago Line and North Shore Line.
- 1860, Oct 9 Boiler exploded.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Gerry Metzler
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-23 00:46:48