- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- Similar to AUSTRALIA.
- 1897, Oct 6 Broke record for tons of iron ore loaded; 6306 tons.
- 1898, Nov 17 Stuck in draw of railroad bridge, Chicago.
- 1902 Became consort to AUSTRALIA.
- 1908 Converted to bulk freighter by American Ship Building Co., Cleveland, OH; given triple expansion engine of wooden steamer ITALIA(1884); 19,30 & 50 x 42 from Dry Dock Engine Works, Detroit; 376 x 46.2 x 22.4; 370.2 gross tons.
- 1915 Pioneer SS Co., Hutchinson & Co.
- 1942 Traded to US War Shipping Administration in exchange for new tonnage; leased by them to Gartland SS Co.(managed by Sullivan).
- 1949 Leased to T.H. Browning SS Co., Detroit.
- 1954 Scrapped at Lackawanna, NY.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- C. Patrick Labadie
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Louis Pesha
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 12:36:49