- 26' 2"
- 11' 9"
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 303.2 or 309.07
History and Notes
- 1869, Aug 2 Launched.
- 1878 New deck.
- 1882, Sep Grounded near Cape Vincent, Lake Ontario.
- 1884 Collided with & sunk by schooner MONTICELLO near Colchester Reef, Lake Erie.
- 1889, Jul Coal cargo salvaged.
- 1889, Aug Raised from 1884 sinking; rebuilt & owned by Thomas Murphy.
- 1890, Apr 29 Owned Rochester Transportation Co.; rebuilt 325.33 gross tons.
- 1890, Jun Towed by MAY DURR in lumber trade.
- 1892, Nov 14 Driven ashore & scuttled near Cathead Light, Lake Michigan.
- 1893 Sank in storm near Fairport, OH, Lake Erie.
- 1903 Sold Canadian; C100128.
- c1915 Reportedly sank in Georgian Bay, Lake Huron; last owned John McA(v)lay; abandoned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Bowling Green State University
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-23 00:32:40
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio