- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- Cost $125,000.
- Built for ore & grain trades; largest wooden vessel on lakes.
- 1873, Jun 20 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1873, Nov 4 Ashore with 2 barges North Manitou Island, Lake Michigan.
- 1874, Jun Salvaged by LEVIATHAN; repaired at Clark Dry Dock, Detroit.
- 1876 Fitted with improved accommodations.
- 1878 Cabin extended, added 6 staterooms.
- 1881, Jun 30 Wrecked.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Emerson H. Knack
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 12:35:15
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio