- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1888, Aug 18 Launched; taken to Detroit, MI for machinery.
- 1888, Sep 21 Enrolled Port Huron, MI.
- 1889, Mar 21 Owned Jas. Corrigan & John Huntington, Cleveland, OH.
- 1889, Apr 3 Enrolled as CALADONIA; ore, coal & grain trade.
- 1892, Feb 18 Enrolled Cleveland, OH; same owners, Wickliffe, OH; home port Fairport, OH.
- 1893, Aug 1 Enrolled Cleveland; owned Corrigan Transit Co., Wickliffe & James Huntington, Cleveland.
- 1900 Major rebuild, Duluth, MN; 2 decks, 1 mast; readmeasured, 277.2 x 42 x 24.7'; 2,197 gross/ 1,509 net tons.
- 1907-08, Winter Engine removed & installed in POLYNESIA.
- 1908, Apr 8 Enrolled Buffalo, NY as Schooner Barge; owned Calidonia Steamship Co., Grand Island, NY.
- 1909 Received 24 + 44 x 42" fore & aft condensing engine built by S.F. Hodges & Co., Detroit (1883) from KITTIE M. FORBES which burned in 1902.
- 1912 Enrolled Detroit; owned Great Lakes Engineering Works, Ecorse, MI.
- 1916, May 19 Owned Davidson & Smith Elevator Co., Port Arthur, ONT; C134518; renamed GALE STAPLES.
- 1918, Oct 1 Wrecked in heavy weather near AuSable Point Lighthouse, Lake Superior.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Bowling Green State University
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-23 00:29:20