- Propulsion Type
- Engine Number Propellers
- 91' 9"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 144 55/95
History and Notes
- 1854, Sep 15 Owned David Nickles, William Whitcomb, & James Armstrong, Detroit, MI; used to tow on St. Clair Flats.
- 1854, Nov 18 Owned John Owen, Detroit & Edward Darley, Cleveland, OH.
- 1857, Oct 17 Owned John M. Isaacs, Cleveland.
- 1857, Dec 9 Owned Norton M. Strong, Detroit.
- 1858, Aug 25 Owned John Pridgeon, Detroit; repaired & overhauled.
- 1858, Nov 12 Burned & sank in Detroit River; abandoned.
- 1860, Apr Hull raised to be rebuilt.
- 1862, Feb 14 New 16' X 92" boiler by J.& T. McGregor.
- 1863 Rebuilt & lengthened by J.L. Wolverton (or J.M.Jones); 227 old style tons; new engine; owned Pridgeon & Muir; renamed W.K. (OR R.) MUIR; US26249.
- 1864, Mar 20 Owned Thomas Harbottle, Hamilton, ONT; C46266.
- 1865 Owned William Hendrie, Hamilton; 124 gross tons.
- 1866, Apr 25 Re-enrolled as US26249; owned John Pridgeon, Detroit.
- 1867, Sep 18 Boiler exploded near Pt. Huron on St. Clair River; 8 killed; raised & rebuilt.
- 1868, Mar 8 Owned Capt. Jas. & Wm. Porter et al; 125.8 gross tons.
- 1869 Abandoned.
- 1871, Mar 14 Registry closed.
- 1875, Sep 27 Efforts made to raise hull.
- 1877-78 Owned William Hendrie, Hamilton; C46226; 110.3 X 19.5 X 8.5; 123 gross / 83 net tons.
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-23 00:23:45
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio