- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1891, Mar 31 Launched Wilmington, DE; last beam engine sidewheeler to operate on Great Lakes; ran New York and Long Island ports.
- 1895, Jun Owned Long Island Railway Co., NY.
- 1895, May Damaged in heavy storm in sound.
- 1899, Apr Owned River and Harbor Transportation Co, New York; ran New York to New Haven, CT.
- 1901 Ran Block Island and Fort Pond Bay.
- 1902, May 28 Owned Algoma Central and Hudson Bay Railway; registered British BR113897 at St. John, Newfoundland to avoid Canadian duty, ran out of Sault Ste Marie, ONT to Cleveland, OH; renamed KING EDWARD.
- 1905 20 staterooms added.
- 1908, Sep 8 Stranded Chantry Shoal near Southampton, ONT, Lake Huron.
- 1908, Sep 13 Refloated; repaired Collingwood, ONT.
- 1910, May Owned Ontario and Ohio Navigation Co., Ltd, Port Stanley, ONT; ran Cleveland to Port Stanley; renamed FOREST CITY.
- 1912 Owned Richard Clayton Eckert and Everard Handel North; ran Cleveland to Fort William, ONT.
- 1912, Oct Owned Silver Islet Navigation Co., Fort William, ONT; ran Port Arthur to Isle Royale and Silver Islet.
- 1914 Leased for season to J. T. Reid and Co., Fort William; serviced Silver Islet summer resort.
- 1918 Owned Michael M. McCulloch.
- 1922 Owned Katherine Murphy, Sturgeon Bay, WI; renamed MONTAUK, ran Lake Michigan day excursions out of Chicago, IL.
- 1923, Jun Owned North Shore Steamship Co., Chicago.
- 1923, Sep Ownership reverted back to Katherine Murphy.
- 1923, Oct Owned Clow and Nicholson Transportation Co., Duluth, MN.
- 1924 Rebuilt by Marine Iron and Ship Building Co., Duluth, MN; 2 decks; for excursion trade; ran Duluth to Fond du lac; 418 gross/241 net tons.
- 1942, Jan 20 Owned West End Iron and Metal Corp., Duluth, MN.
- 1942 Dismantled Duluth, MN; reduced to deck barge.
- 1943, Oct Owned Walter W. Bowe and A. B. Powers, Duluth.
- 1944 Owned Lyons construction Co., Whitehall, MI; transported stone and sand.
- 1969 Owned Youngstrom, Bay City, MI; occassional dredging.
- 1972 Abandoned Bay City.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Steamboat Bill, Steamship Historical Society of America
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- J. H. Bascom
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Arvid Morken
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-23 00:15:21
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio