- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 1,500 gross tons/900,000' lumber
History and Notes
- 1872, Jun 19 Launched Port Huron; similar to VANDERBILT.
- 1872, Jun 25 Enrolled Port Huron.
- 1875 Repaired.
- 1878 Repaired.
- 1884, Apr 24 Owned Western Transit Co., Buffalo, NY.
- 1889, Apr Buffalo to Duluth, MN with 1,000 barrels cement, new floor.
- 1893 Firebox boiler 10' 9" x 15' 6" @ 100# steam by Farrar & Treft.
- 1895, Aug 17 Sunk in collision with wrecked steamer BRITANNIC near Grosse Isle, Detroit River.
- 1895, Sep 26 Holed and sank Portage Canal; bound Duluth to Buffalo with flour.
- 1904, Dec 21 Owned Great Lakes Engineering Works, Ecorse, MI.
- 1905, May 13 Collision with ROBY; ran this year Buffalo to Green Bay.
- 1908, Jul 6 Owned Benjamin Tripp and Co., Independence, OH.
- 1909, Aug 26 Owned Great Lakes Engineering Works, Ecorse, MI.
- 1909, Nov 4 Owned Hugh Havey, Detroit.
- 1909, Nov 4 Owned Theobald Emig, St. Clair, MI.
- 1910, Feb 25 Owned James E. Sheehan, Detroit, MI.
- 1910, Apr 20 Owned J. E. Sheehan and George C. Burns, Detroit, MI.
- 1910, Oct 14 Rebuilt Sturgeon Bay, WI; readmeasured Tonawanda, NY; 236.3 x 36.5 x 13'; 1,212.6 gross/952 net tons; owned George C. Burns; one deck.
- 1912, May 3 Owned George A. Kotcher and George C. Burns, Detroit.
- 1914, Apr 27 Owned George A. Kotcher, Detroit.
- 1914, Sep 6 Burned Lake Huron.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Bowling Green State University
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-23 00:03:00
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio