- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- Final Location
- 5 - 20 miles off Muskegon, MI.
- Lake Michigan.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Cut by ice & foundered.
- Final Notes
- Started leaking Thursday, Feb 9; steamer NYACK took off crew Friday morning & towed MORAN 5-6 miles then abandoned; last seen Sunday Feb 12.
History and Notes
- 1888, Aug Launched; ran Lake Superior Line.
- 1888, Sep 16 Arrived Duluth, MN, first trip.
- 1891 Fitted with double hoists for loading cargo.
- 1893 Ran Duluth to Buffalo, NY.
- 1896, Jun Collision damage & other repairs, West Superior, WI.
- 1897 Owned Union Transit Line.
- 1898, Nov Owned Crosby Transportation Co., Milwaukee, WI; ran Manitowoc, WI, Sheboygan, WI, Muskegon, MI & Grand Haven, MI.
- 1899, Feb Cut by ice & abandoned, Lake Michigan.
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 23:36:48