- Engine Type
- For-and-Aft Compound
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1891, Dec 18 Launched Cleveland, OH.
- 1915 Transferred from Lighthouse Service to U.S. Coast Guard.
- 1946 Owned Commerce Lines Inc. Grand Haven; rebuilt as package freighter (US258181).
- 1949 Rebuilt & renamed SOUTH WIND; re-powered with 12-cylinder GM diesel engine built 1943; 900 hp; employed in Carribean.
- 1954 Removed from documentation & laid up Whitehall, MI.
- 1960 Owned Frank Smith, New York City; registered Muskegon, MI.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 12:34:30