- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1858, Dec 1 Ashore Granham Shoals, Lake Michigan & same trip on Solus Island, Lake Huron.
- 1860, Nov 7 Grounded on St. Clair Flats, boiler exploded, fire, recovered.
- 1864, May 7 Ashore near Dunkirk, NY.
- 1865, Aug 10 Received PEWABIC survivors from METEOR.
- 1875, Nov Heavily damaged in fire at Buffalo.
- 1879, Sep 1 Owned James S. Duncan & John E. Potts, AuSable, MI.
- 1879, Sep 1 Owned Chas. H. Lane Buffalo, James H. Harmon, West Troy, NY, & Alfred Wright, Portville, NY; rebuilt to barge.
- 1880, Nov 8 Forced ashore at Buffalo by gale.
- 1883, Jul 27 Owned Iosco Trans. Co., AuSable, MI; rebuilt to steamer J.E. POTTS.
- 1884, May 19 Owned Thos. Nester, Detroit.
- 1886, May 21 Owned Nester Trans. Co., Baraga, MI.
- 1890, Apr 12 Owned Frank Clark, Detroit.
- 1891, Jun 2 Rebuilt to schooner after a fire.
- 1893, Apr 17 Owned George Nester, Detroit.
- 1895, Dec 12 Documents surrendered.
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 23:03:02
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio