- Original Owner
- D. Newhall
- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 368 6/95
History and Notes
- 1854 Built by James M. Jones, Milwaukee, WI for D. Newhall; to run between Milwaukee & Buffalo.
- 1854-55 4" arches & 40 diagonal knees installed at R. Caulkins Yard, Cleveland.
- 1859, May 24 Enrolled Milwaukee; owned Greenleaf D. Norris.
- 1860, Oct 13 Damaged St. Clair River; lost bowsprit, jibboom & headgear.
- 1860, Dec Collision Straits of Mackinac; lost both anchors, bowsprit & all headgear; grounded Cheboygan Bay; spent winter.
- 1861, May Rescued; repaired.
- 1864 Enrolled Chicago; owned Norris & Davis.
- 1865 Chicago; 305.28 gross tons.
- 1866 Milwaukee; owned J.D. Gardner.
- 1871 Chicago; same owner; rebuilt.
- 1879 Chicago; owned C.S. Gardner.
- 1880 New frame & decks.
- 1883 Chicago; owned E.E. Ayers.
- 1885 Chicago; owned Powers.
- 1886, Nov 18 Dismasted; sank.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- Inland Lloyds’ Marine Directory
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID