- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1859 Built by Mason & Bidwell, Buffalo, NY for Detroit & Milwaukee Railroad Co. for use in Lake Michigan service between Grand Haven, MI & Milwaukee, WI.
- 1859, Jun 2 Launched.
- 1859, Nov 28 Aground Grand Haven.
- 1859, Dec To Chicago for repairs.
- 1860, Jan Reached Miller & Doolittle yard.
- 1860, May Out of dry dock after repairs; resumed service.
- 1860-61, Winter Upper cabins added by Shearer Bros. of Detroit.
- 1861, Mar 12 Resumed Milwaukee to Grand Haven service.
- 1865 Remeasured; 239' x 34.4' x 13.2'.
- 1866, Nov 23 Collided with steamer LAC LABELLE in St. Clair River after repairs in Detroit; LAC LABELLE sank.
- 1867 Resumed Milwaukee to Grand Haven service.
- 1868, Oct 9 Grounded & broken up.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Gerry Metzler
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. P
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 22:39:36
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio