- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- Final Location
- Lake Ontario near Kingston at Nine Mile Point.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Sank in storm.
- Final Notes
- Sank in gale while in tow of steamer C.W. CHAMBERLAIN; Skipper was lost; 4 crew rescued. Wreck sold to Milnes Coal Co., but never raised.
- 1964 Wreck discovered.
History and Notes
- 1892 Collided with schooner JOSEPHINE on Lake George flats, St. Mary's River; JOSEPHINE sunk.
- 1892, Jul 22 Coal taken off stranded ALOHA, Sand Beach, MI.
- 1892, Sep Undergoing repairs Port Huron.
- 1902 Reduced to barge Buffalo, NY.
- 1914 Sold Canadian (C134264).
- 1917 Owned Midland Transportation Co.
- 1918 Hull sold Milnes Coal Co. but abandoned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- International Ship Masters Association
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 12:30:00
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio