- Original Owner
- Oliver Newberry
- Ownership Notes
- Lake Michigan Steamboat Co., James Abbot, president.
- Tonnage Old Style
- 472 73/95
History and Notes
- Length overall 156'; beam over the guards 53'.
- Largest steamer on the Lakes; "Queen of the Lakes".
- 1833, Apr 27 Launched.
- 1833, Sep 30 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1834 13 day, 2,000 mile excursion tour to Mackinack, MI, Green Bay, WI & other Lake Michigan ports.
- 1835, Sep Stranded & released, Detroit River.
- 1840, Jun 12 Carried 1,270 passengers in 1 trip to convention at Perrysburg.
- 1840, Oct 3 Stranded near Buffalo, NY.
- 1841 Abandoned; dismantled.
- 1842 In ordinary all summer.
- 1853-54 Broken up; engines to R.R. ELLIOTT.
- Hull conbverted to Steam Propeller or Barge.
- 1868 Lost neat Port Austin, MI, Lake Huron.
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Ed Middleton
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 22:18:02