History and Notes
- 1890, June 8 "The old scow MESSENGER has been put into service as a
- stone transfer barge"
- 1891 In service Lake Superior in wrecking, stone & lumber trade
- 1891, August 13 Owned Smith-Fee Company, in dispute wtih lessee on
- payment of bill, taken from towing tug at Duluth canal
- 1892, September Cargo of stone shifted, overturning barge, cargo
- dumped in deep water just outside of Duluth canal
- Newspaper Clippings
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio