- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1889, Dec 28 Launched.
- 1890 Ran Chicago, IL & Ogdensburg.
- 1894, Oct 16 Ran Duluth, MN & Ogdensburg.
- 1895 Enrolled Ogdensburg.
- 1895, May Beached Hammond Bay, MI, Lake Huron.
- 1895, May 7 Released by wrecker FAVORITE; towed to St. Ignace, MI.
- Late 1890's Owned Rutland Transportation Co.
- 1899, Aug 20 Rescued 6 crewwmen of schooner HUNTER SAVIDGE off Pointe Aux Barques, Lake Huron.
- 1910, Mar Owned John Hannan, Ogdensburg Coal & Towing Co.
- 1912 Rebuilt as Bulk Freighter at St. Lawrence Marine Railway Company's Ogdenburg yard for Coal trade on Lake Ontario & St. Lawrence River; 1 deck; 1,458 gross/ 995 net tons.
- 1915, Aug 17 Collided with tug DOLPHIN, Lake St. Louis, opposite Dorval, QUE.
- 1917 Owned W. McDonald & immedialtely sold to Montreal Transportation Co.; registered Montreal, QUE; C138491; 249.2 x 41.5 x 14.3, 109hp.
- 1918, Aug 9 Stranded, Rock Island, St. Lawrence River; cargo coal.
- 1918, Nov 15 Struck gate of Lock 12, Welland Canal.
- 1919, Sep Drydocked, Buffalo Dry Dock Co., Buffalo, NY.
- 1919, Nov 12 Sank & abandoned, Kingston , ONT.
- 1920 Scuttled.
- 1921 Raised & dismantled.
- 1925, Nov 5 Registry closed; hull scuttled.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- "Around the Lakes"
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 22:09:55
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio