- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- Named for local fruit farmer & sailor.
- 1888, Nov Grounded, Dunlap reef, Lake Michigan; no damage; released by SPALDING.
- 1889, Aug 21 Second deck added; 331 gross/ 263 net tons.
- 1889, Late Aug Muskegon, Mi & Milwaukee, WI route.
- 1890, Jun 21 Chartered by Graham & Morton Co. for fruit trade.
- 1890, Jul Traverse City, MI & Mackinac Island, MI route.
- 1892 Replaced lost steamer KALAMAZOO on Holland, MI & Chicago, IL route.
- 1892 Hull painted black.
- 1893 Saugatuck, MI & Chicago route.
- 1893, Aug Engine failure, Lake Michigan; towed to Chicago by tug PROTECTION.
- 1893, Sep 16 Beached in gale south of Saugatuck channel; released by tugs BROWN & WATSON; (Other sources also list tug GILMORE & steamers H.A. ROOT & J.C. SUIT giving aid).
- 1894, Jun Aground in Kalamazoo River, Saugatuck.
- 1895 Muskegon & Milwaukee route.
- 1895 Chicago & Saugatuck route.
- 1896 Hull painted red.
- 1898, Sep 7 Owned Ralph C. Brittain et al, Saugatuck.
- 1899 Benton Harbor, MI & Chicago route.
- 1901, Jun New furnishings.
- 1904 Green Bay, WI & Sturgeon Bay, WI route.
- 1905 Benton Harbor & Chicago route.
- 1905, Apr 15 Owned Estate of Robert M. Moore et al, Saugatuck.
- 1905, Aug 19 Owned William H. Waggoner et al, Green Bay.
- 1908, May 7 Owned The Waggoner & Roulett Steamboat Line.
- 1909, Oct 27 Owned Solomon P. Huntington, Green Bay.
- 1910, May 14 Owned Bay Shore Steamboat Company.
- 1911, Sep 11 Owned The Benton Transit Company.
- 1917, Dec 27 Owned The Hill Steamboat Line, Kenosha, WI.
- 1917-18, Winter Steeple compound engine installed.
- 1918 Chicago & Kenosha route.
- 1928, Feb 25 Documents surrendered, Milwaukee.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- National Archives
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Ed Middleton
- Donald V. Baut
- Beesons Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 22:08:23
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio