- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1893, May Launched at West Bay City, Michigan; built with engine
- amidships; to be used in the coal, ore & grain trade.
- 1893, Oct Badly damaged in grounding on Saint Mary's Island.
- 1896, May 27 Engine wrecked, Lake Huron, towed to Detroit; repaired by Frontier Iron Works; owned D. whitmey, Jr., Detroit.
- 1898, Apr Hull cut through by ice in Straits, large amount of corn
- cargo wet, sold at loss.
- 1904 Rebuilt with pilot house forward & machinery aft.
- 1908, Jun 17 In collision with barge ANTRIM in Duluth Harbor, both
- vessels damaged.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 22:03:14
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio