- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- Named for Montagnais Indian word mautainie meaning, dirty water.
- 1876 Owned Peshtigo Co., Chicago, IL.
- 1881 Towed by SWEEPSTAKES in lumber trade.
- 1895 Towed by LIZZIE MADDEN.
- 1896 Towed bty MAINE.
- 1898, May Damaged by fire at South Lake Linden.
- 1905, Oct 20 Wrecked Lake Erie.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 21:48:42
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio