- Original Owner
- Detroit, Marquette & Mackinac RR Co.
- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1881, Aug 13 New vessel launched Detroit.
- 1881 Wrecked in snow storm near St. Ignace, MI.
- 1882, Oct 15 Collision with propellor ONEIDA.
- 1883, May 30 Bow sheathed with steel.
- 1885 Owned Detroit.
- 1886, May 4 Arrived Detroit for overhaul at Spring Wells Dry Dock.
- 1887, Feb Broke coupling of main shaft in storm near Mackinac City.
- 1888 Retired from service; occasionally used for ice breaking in Straits & St. Mary's River.
- 1893 Owned Island Transportation Co.
- 1899 Rebuilt 127x33x11; 486/359 tons at Detroit.
- 1939 Rebuilt as barge Cheboygan, MI; described as having 1 mast and measuring 356/346 tons.
- 1940 Owned John Schwartz, Cheboygan, MI.
- 1941-1944 Owned Theresa Schartz, Cheboygan, MI.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Telescope, Great Lakes Maritime Institute
- Newspaper Clippings
- International Ship Masters Association
- Great Lakes Register
- Emerson H. Knack
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Bowling Green State University
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- William MacDonald
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 12:27:55