- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1889, Apr 29 Enrolled Detroit.
- 1889, May 6 Enrolled Port Huron, MI; owned Andrew W. Comstock et al, Alpena, MI.
- 1890, Apr 11 Enrolled Toledo, OH; rebuilt and remeasured 2 decks, 3 masts, 1,036.61 gross/929.32 net tons; same owners.
- 1891 Enrolled Port Huron, owned A. W. Comstock, Alpena; towing barges in coal service to Superior, WI.
- 1892,Apr 12 Enrolled Detroit; owned Ward Transportation Co., Chicago, IL.
- 1899, Mar 30 Enrolled Chicago, same owners; rebuilt and remeasured, one deck, 2 masts 189' x 35.2' x 13', 814 gross/658 net tons; lumber trade.
- 1909, Sep 20 Owned Edward Hines, Chicago.
- 1913, Mar 15 Owned Edward Hines Lumber Co., Chicago.
- 1915, Jun 23 Owned Hamilton Transportation Co., Chicago.
- 1924, Oct 6 Owned Edward Hines Lumber Co., Chicago.
- 1924, Nov 10 Documents surrendered Chicago "vessel sunk, total loss, Garden Island, MI", Lake Michigan.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-23 01:06:10
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio