- Propulsion Type
- 115' 6"
- 19' 9"
- 6' 3"
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1871, Aug 16 Launched; fabricated Glasgow, Scotland; named for owner's daughter; ran Kingston to Bay of Quinte.
- 1871, Sep 9 Rigistered Kingston, ONT.
- 1871, Sep 22 Admeasured 114.3 X 19.7 X 6.2', 120 2779/3500 gross / 60 net tons.
- 1872, Jan 22 Owned Hugh Allen, Montreal, QUE.
- 1872 Owned St. Lawrence Navigation Co., Henry Folger, Kingston; ran Kingston to Cape Vincent, NY.
- 1894 Rebuilt Davis Shipyard, Kingston, 153.2 X 33.2 X 6.4', 521 gross / 266 net tons; renamed AMERICA C100662; 600 passenger capacity; ran Clayton to Montreal on American Line.
- 1898 Ran Montreal - Kingston - Thousand Island ports.
- 1899 Owned St. Lawrence River Steamboat Co., Kingston; 153 X 33 X 6.6', 553 gross / 287 net tons.
- 1899 Minor alterations; 521 gross / 266 net tons.
- 1911, May 2 Inspected, ran Trenton, ONT to Montreal.
- 1913 Owned Canada Transportation Co., Montreal, QUE.
- 1921 Owned Georgian Bay Tourist Co., Midland, Ltd., reconditioned at Midland Shipbuilding Co.; renamed CITY OF MIDLAND.
- 1922 Renamed MIDLAND CITY; ran Georgian Bay Service; made steam screw 153.2 X 33.2 X 6.4', 521 gross / 1266 net tons; ran Georgian Bay Service Midland to Parry Sound.
- 1923, Oct 27 Sank Midland harbor; refloated.
- 1933 Rebuilt; diesel engine, 149.2 X 33.2 X 6.4', 580 gross / 476 net tons.
- 1934, Aug 26 Grounded Present Island, Georgian Bay; released by Benke Towing and Salvage Co.; repaired Midland.
- 1949 Owned Georgian Bay Tourist and Steamships Ltd.
- 1954 Idle at Midland.
- 1955, May 7 Burned Midland, ONT; hull sunk.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroi
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 21:42:24
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio