- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- Similar to ALBERTA and ATHABASCA.
- 1883 Crossed Atlantic with cargo of coal; cut in half at Cantin shipyard in Montreal; rejoined at Union Dry Dock Buffalo, NY. May have had cabins fabricated and installed at Pt. Colborne.
- 1884, May 11 Began service at Owen Sound.
- 1885, Nov 5 Wrecked at Greenstone Rock, Isle Royale, MI; 38 lives lost; owned, Canadian Pacific Railroad.
- 1886 Machinery removed & later put into MANITOBA.
- 1888, Aug Salvage efforts abandoned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Julius Wolff
- Great Lakes News
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 12:15:54