- Original Owner
- Minnesota Steamship Co.
- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1892, Jun Launched Cleveland, OH; duplicate of MINNESOTA; carried Minnesota Iron Co. ore.
- 1893, Jul Record trip Sault Ste. Marie to Two Harbors; 23 hours 45 minutes.
- 1894, Jun 16 Leaking after striking rock on White Shoal.
- 1897, Jun 27 Collision with steamer SELWYN EDDY off Manitou, Lake Superior, in thick fog.
- 1929 Owned Buckeye Steamship Co.
- 1943 Traded in to United States Maritime Commission; chartered to Buckeye.
- 1944, Aug 3 Collision with MANITOBA in fog on Whitefish Bay, Lake Superior.
- 1947, Aug Scrapped Hamilton, ONT.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 20:41:01
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio