- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1841 Enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1843, Sep 7 Arrived Buffalo, NY from Vail, Silver Creek.
- 1842-52 Four enrollments, Buffalo, NY.
- 1846 Arrived Buffalo from Sheboygan, WI.
- 1848 Ran Buffalo to Toledo, OH & Chicago, IL with grain.
- 1848, Oct 31 Sank at Buffalo after hitting a sunken anchor near Dart's elevator.
- 1849 Buffalo Creek District; 140.86 tons.
- 1852, Jun 9 Crashed against breakwall near Buffalo, Lake Erie; coal laden; 3 lives lost.
- 1854, Mar 17 Beached in storm near Cleveland, OH.
- 1854, May-Jul Unsuccessful efforts to salvage; abandoned; JURA (1856) may have been built on bottom of this vessel.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Donald V. Baut
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio