- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- Built to replace ALGOMA, ran Owen Sound to Fort William, ONT.
- 1889, May 4 First launched Owen Sound.
- 1889, Sep 30 First registered Montreal, QUE.
- 1890, Mar 16 Stern pipe burst by frost, caused leak.
- 1891, Jul 15 Aground Lake George, Sault passage.
- 1892, Oct Reportedly collided with schooner off Fort William.
- 1893, Jun 3 Ran onto Bear's Rump Island, ONT; badly damaged; released.
- 1893, Jun 7 Aground again, St. Clair River, near Port Lambton, ONT, on her way to Detroit dry dock.
- 1897, Sep 6 Narrowly missed collision with barge PORTAGE off Whitefish Point, MI, Lake Superior.
- 1899-1900 Winter Received extensive overhaul of electric plant & fitted with new steerage for 2nd class passengers.
- 1901, Jan 5 New forecastle.
- 1901, Mar 29 Received turtle deck & new pilot house.
- 1903, Jun Topmast broke, one crew killed.
- 1914 Received two scotch boilers, 14 x 10' (or 14 x 11'); 150#; Collingwood Ship Building Co., Collingwood, ONT; engine refitted 30 & 64 x 48"; 1,225hp 64rpm; equipped with wireless.
- 1917, Jul 9 Collided with freighter WILLIAM S. MACK off Whitefish Point.
- 1928, Sep 14 Rescued survivors of MANASOO accident, Georgian Bay.
- 1932, May 21 Ashore off Cape Croker, Georgian Bay in heavy fog; released.
- 1944, Aug 3 Struck by freighter MARIPOSA in fog, off Whitefish Bay, Lake Superior; repaired Midland Ship Building Co.
- 1946 Spring Recieved radar set.
- 1950, Mar 11 Withdrawn from Canadian Pacific Line Service.
- 1950, Sep 28 Scrapped Hamilton, ONT.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Museum of Great Lakes, Kingston, ONT
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Bowling Green State University
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 19:58:48
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio