- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1885, Jul 15 Collision with steamer CLARION while leaving Detroit dock; hit just forward of port wheel, slight damage.
- 1897, Apr 24 Collision with car ferry MICHIGAN, damaged port wheel, wheelhouse & 85 feet of upper works.
- 1897, Sep 25 Collision with ferry boat EXCELSIOR at Windsor in fog.
- 1898, Aug Collision with FORTUNE.
- 1899, Aug 6 Rammed by steamer W. B. MORLEY, both vessels sank.
- 1899, Aug 10 Raised by wrecker SAGINAW, Captain John S. Quinn, taken to Detroit Dry Dock Co. to repair 14 foot hole in her stern.
- 1904 Reboilered with 4 new boilers.
- 1912 After end pilothouse removed.
- 1930 Owned Grand Trunk Railroad Co., Montreal, QUE.
- 1962, Jul 30 Repaired, original pilot house from car ferry MICHIGAN, 1873, was removed.
- 1970, Jun 24 Port side engine's connecting rod broke, piston went through top of cylinder, knocking out forward end of port cabin. Laid up at Windsor slip, wheelhouse dismantled, machinery decommissioned.
- 1971, Oct Her bridge super structure removed, cut up for scrap.
- 1982-83 Rebuilt as resturant, docked at Cobo Hall, Detroit.
- 1991 Resturant bankrupted, Closed.
- 1995 Towed to Lorain, OH for indeterminate lay up.
- 2005, Dec 25 Sank, Erie, PA dock
- 2006, May 8 To be towed to Buffalo, NY on May 15th or 16th.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 19:11:21
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio