- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 80,000 bushels corn
History and Notes
- 1881, Jul 16 Collision with schooner JONES, Chicago River.
- 1881, Oct 2 Collision with canalboat VICTOR, Buffalo River.
- 1881, Nov 26 Lost both smoke stacks & damaged a boiler & steampipes in gale on Lake Michigan; disabled, raised sail & headed to shore for repairs.
- 1883, Oct Collision with & crushed canalboat MARY WALKER while being towed.
- 1884, Sep 11 Caught fire at Buffalo; minor damage.
- 1887 Received new steel arches, stanchions, rails & bulwarks at Miller Brothers shipyard.
- 1892, Jun Owned J.C. Gilchrist et al, Vermillion, OH.
- 1893, May 17 New boilers, Cleveland, OH.
- 1896 Rebuilt.
- 1897, Mar 26 Owned Gilchrist Transportation Co., Vermillion.
- 1897, Nov 17 Aground, White's Shoal, Lake St. Clair off Peche Island.
- 1900, Sep 11 Foundered, Lake Erie.
- 1900, Sep 15 Enrollment surrendered, Sandusky, Oh.
- Newspaper Clippings
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- Jack Messmer
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Dana Bowen
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 19:08:04
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio