- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1891, Jul 22 Enrolled Grand Haven, MI.
- 1891, Aug 1 First trip; transporated fruit from Glen Pier.
- 1892, Mar 28 Owned H.W. Williams Transportation Line, South Haven.
- 1894, Oct Reengined by 21 + 21 X 16", 218 hp @ 114 rpm, steeple compound engine by Wilson and Hendrie, Montague, MI.
- 1897, Aug 30 Owned George A. Martin and Frank B. Williams, Chicago, IL.
- 1899, Jun 30 Owned George T. Arnold, Mackinaw Island, MI; rebuilt Manitowoc, WI; cabin on upper deck; pilothouse forward.
- 1903, Mar 26 Owned U.S. Corps of Engineers, Washington DC; rebuilt and renamed SURVEYOR, 87'6" X 20' X 15', 190 gross / 145 net tons; used primarily on Lakes Erie - Ontario - Upper St. Lawrence.
- 1921 Said to be used as rum runner supply boat along river in Canadian waters; name painted with word SHIP.
- 1922 Owned Border Transit co., Sandwich (Windsor), ONT.
- 1925 Owned Gatfield and Maisey, Sandwich; never used; laid up and dismantled.
- 1928 Broken up, Sandwich.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- National Archives
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Ed Middleton
- Donald V. Baut
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 18:55:30
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio