- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1835 Enrolled Sackett's Harbor, NY.
- 1837 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1839-48 Five enrollments Buffalo, NY.
- 1840, Oct Stranded below Lighthouse near Milwaukee, WI.
- 1843 Rebuilt.
- 1846, Sep 18 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; 85 X 20 X 8'2".
- 1846, Nov 18 Foundered Lake Erie.
- 1849 Rebuilt.
- 1860 Renamed CHEROKEE; owned R. Canfield and Co., Chicago, IL.
- 1864, Nov Ashore Milwaukee, WI; released.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio