- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1898 Built by Chicago Shipbuilding Company, Chicago, Illinois for C.W.
- Elphicke et.al., Chicago, Illinois
- 1899 Owner Pittsburgh Steam Ship Company, Cleveland, Ohio, port of
- hail - Duluth, Minnesota
- 1918 Foundered north of Point Edward, south end of Lake Huron in
- storm - recovered
- 1925 Repaired
- 1940 Owner Pure Oil Company - converted to tanker at Great Lakes
- Engineering Works, Ecorse, Michigan - name changed to J.S.
- WESCOAT - 407'6" x 48' x 28', 4068 gross/2766 net tons - 2
- Babcock & Wilcox watertube boilers
- Later sold to Browning Lines who ran her for Pure Oil
- 1965 July 19 Arrived in Hamburg, Germany - may have been scrapped
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Beesons Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 18:32:33
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio