- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1849 Built Quebec City as barge, 72 ton old measure
- 1852 Reported rebuilt as sidewheel towboat - 100 tons
- 1854 Owner Moody & Company, Montreal - engine new
- 1854 May 25 Holed & sunk in Lachine Rapids
- 1858 June Sunk in Saint Lawrence Rapids - later recovered
- 1861 Owned by A. Steamboat Company of Ogdensburg, listed at 391 tons
- 1862 Reportedly scrapped
- 1863 Owned Ogdensburg Steamboat Company "made a barge"
- Newspaper Clippings
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio