- Original Owner
- Captain John C. Pringle, et al
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 800,000 feet lumber
History and Notes
- 1886, Aug 14 Owned St. Clair Transportation Co., China, MI.
- 1889, Mar 16 Owned Alex R. Sinclair, et al, Port Huron, MI.
- 1891 New boiler.
- 1893, Nov 30 Collision with unknown steamer off Presque Isle, Lake Huron, stopping her machinery for an hour.
- 1898, Oct Stranded on Goose Island, released the 17th.
- 1899 New 14' 4" x 12' 8" 178# steam firebox boiler by William Denny & Brothers, Scotland.
- 1900, Mar 12 Rig changed, 1 deck, 2 mast.
- 1906, Aug 16 Detroit, repairs to bow and bulwarks, damaged in collision with barge CHATTANOOGA, Soo passage.
- 1913, Mar 10 Owned Sinclair Transportation Co., Duluth, MN.
- 1916, Apr 17 Owned Argo Steamship Co., Mentor Special District, OH.
- 1919, Mar 2 Owned Robert S. Misner, et al, Sarnia, ONT.
- 1923 Owned Langell Transportation Co., Sarnia.
- 1930 Laid up Portsmouth, ONT.
- 1936 Hull stripped.
- 1936, Nov 23 Hull set on fire.
- 1937 Hull raised, towed in Lake Huron off Sarnia and scuttled.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Unique ID
- Louis Pesha
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 17:55:56
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio