- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1875 Built Manitowoc, WI by Rand & Burger for Cooper & Jones, same place.
- 1876 Owned Bigelow Bros., Chicago, IL.
- 1880 Owned A.A. Bigelow et al,; home port Chicago.
- 1888, Mar 18 Enrolled Milwaukee, WI; owned Nathan Allen et al; port of hail Kenosha, WI.
- 1889 Repaired.
- 1890 Owned N.R. Allen's Sons.
- 1895 Owned Hanson; port of hail Milwaukee.
- 1887 New sails.
- 1898 Repairs: timbers fore & aft, new ceilings.
- 1903 Recaulked to deck, center board case repairs.
- 1905, Oct 19 Enroute to Milwaukee form Beaver Island loaded with lumber was capsized and dismasted; two of crew died from exposure before rescued by car ferry PERE MARQUETTE; hull located and towed to Milwaukee on Oct. 25.
- 1906, Jan 16 Documents surrendered at Milwaukee "vessel lost".
- Newspaper Clippings
- Milwaukee Historical Society
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Beesons Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 18:36:00
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio