- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 75,000 bushels
- Final Location
- Parsienne Island, NW Soo.
- Lake Superior.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Bound Duluth, MN to Cleveland, OH in tow of steamer NOTTINGHAM, she caught fire at sea, beached on the island where she burned to waterline; anchor & chain on grounds Lake Superior State University; 2 lives lost.
History and Notes
- 1874, Jul 5 Trial trip, largest ship on the Lakes when launched; laid down as schooner; completed as propeller.
- 1874, Jul 13 Enrolled Toledo, OH; towed barge J.H. RUTTER in grain, coal & ore trade.
- 1878 Repaired at Milwaukee, WI.
- 1880, Mar 29 Owned H.H. Adams & A. Delameter, Cleveland, OH.
- 1881, Mar Boiler raised from hold to deck.
- 1881, Apr New wheel at Detroit, MI.
- 1883, Apr 23 Owned W.J. Starkweather et al, trustee for Helen E. Adams, Cleveland, OH.
- 1887, Apr 11 Owned James Picklands et al, Cleveland, OH.
- 1889 Rebuilt Cleveland; two 18, 28 + 36 x 32", 750hp @ 85rpm triple expansion engines; Two 10'6" x 14' @ 150# steam scotch boilers by Erie Boiler Works, Buffalo, NY (1889); owned Interlake Transportation Co., Ashtabula, OH et al.
- 1890, Sep Burst steam pipe near Waugoshane, repaired Cheboygan, MI.
- 1892, Oct 28 Sunk 20' water in gale, Cleveland.
- 1893, Apr 10 Owned William J. Mack et al, Lakewood, OH.
- 1896, Mar 21 Owned Lakewood Transportation Co., Cleveland; William Mack, president.
- 1896, May 27 Collision with barge near Point aux Barques.
- 1900, Jan 23 Owned Frank Seither, Laindale, OH.
- 1900, Sep 10 Grounded; repaired Detroit Dry Dock.
- 1901, Apr 29 Dismasted Cleveland; rebuilt as screw steamer; engines to R.W. ENGLAND; 1,806 gross/ 1,291 net tons.
- 1904, May 24 Converted to unrigged barge at Algonac, MI; 1,699 gross/ 1,660 net tons.
- 1905, Sep 16 Burned, Lake Superior.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- National Archives
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 17:02:21